[Tagging] When was barrier=entrance abandoned ?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed May 8 01:32:28 UTC 2013

On 08.05.2013 02:56, fly wrote:
> On the wiki [1] barrier=entrance is marked as abandoned. Did I miss
> something or was this another edit without discussion ?

I don't remember a discussion about this.

A problem with the edit is that entrance=* is not limited to the cases
that barrier=entrance covers. For example, a barrier=gate could also be
an entrance=yes/main.

Of course we could adopt the assumption that a node of a linear barrier
with entrance=* and without any barrier=* tag has the same meaning as
barrier=entrance does now, but imo that interpretation should be
confirmed by a discussion.

Tobias

PS - fixed link:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier=entrance