[Tagging] Clean up *=milestone (WAS: pk vs kp on *=milestone and default unit?)

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Fri May 17 16:49:07 UTC 2013

On 17.05.2013 10:38, Eric Sibert wrote:
> Did yo had a look at the discussion of the proposed feature?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Milestones

Thanks.

> I agree that for pk, by default, unit should me considered as metric, as
> for height, maxweight, maxwidth, maxheight, maxlength...

So how about cleaning up *=milestone ?

* I would suggest to use distance= (mileage= is not metric) instead of
pk/kp and km (kilometre) as default unit.
* ref= is still needed
* material= seems to fit aswell

Only problem seems to that it is not possible to tag another *way=* on
the same node.

Only solution would be to turn the main tag around. E.g. use
milestone=highway/railway/waterway.

Just my 2 cents

fly