[Tagging] Fast Food Restaurants

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Wed May 29 12:08:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Well, I guess we need to back up.  When is a name not a name to you?

I don't always use brand, but when I'm tagging a store or restaurant
that I know is part of a large megachain, then I do:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand

It's not a big deal, as name is not "wrong", brand is just more
precise, but we were discussing "what is the right way to tag this".

Ideally you'd also include the website
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:website), their address
(addr:city, addr:street and addr:housenumber), phone number for the
store (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Phone), and store hours
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Opening_hours). Also if the
location is certified kosher, you'd add that
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/kosher) as well
as  any dietary options for it
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:diet).

Very few people add all this detail, especially all at once, but they do add it.

- Serge