[Tagging] Proposal - RFC - man_made=lamp

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 08:43:30 UTC 2013

> Am 05/nov/2013 um 08:32 schrieb Manuel Hohmann <mhohmann at physnet.uni-hamburg.de>:
>
> Yes, indeed I was thinking about this (or rather light_fitting, which
> should be UK English), which would be the correct technical term. I
> finally used lamp for the following reasons:

If I see this right, lamp technically seems to refer to the light emitting, usually changeable, component described here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamp_(electrical_component)

(just the same as the German Lampe, which colloquially is also sometimes used for "Leuchte", but actually shouldn't). I'd prefer to stick to correct terminology in order to avoid confusion (e.g. lamp:colour, it should be clear if this refers to the lamp or the fixture)

cheers,
Martin