[Tagging] give way and stop tag for ways

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:34:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Balázs Barcsik <balazs.barcsik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think that routing/navigation apps are using turn restrictions tags
> instead of oneway tag to create the route?
> I dont think so...

Back to your original post, you want to introduce alerts into
navigation tools. But you seem to have some gaps on this subject. Of
course, routing engines have to handle both, turn restriction
relations and oneways tags on ways.
But, as already said, the oneway restriction applies to the whole way,
for all vehicles arriving there, even from private properties. Where
stops or giveway are just prioritizing the access to an intersection.
Like traffic signals, they should have a minor impact on the routing
itself (some small penalties compared to the highway importance). What
you ask is more "please GPS, tell me the traffic signs I'm just seeing
now with my eyes".

Pieren