[Tagging] admin_boundary with multiple levels / county free citys / Kreisfreie Staedte

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 5 17:18:44 UTC 2013

In the UK we do the opposite. In "Unitary Authorities", which combine
the role of the "county" with the "district" (sounds like the same as
the Kreisfreie Staedte) we tag the UA as admin_level=6, i.e. at the same
level as counties, and not admin_level=8 which is the level for the
"districts".

We also occasionally use "designation" with specific values (from a
controlled vocabulary) to distinguish between the different entities
which may share an admin level.

Colin