[Tagging] admin_boundary with multiple levels / county free citys / Kreisfreie Staedte

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:31:13 UTC 2013

Now I see that the "county free big city." is incorrect. If the admin
level exists but is just matching another level boundary, we duplicate
the relation in my country since years. See for instance
- Paris, the municipality (city), level 8 :
- Paris, the "departement" (equ. to your county), level 6 :
(there is even one for admin_level 7)

We just had a dispute about the tag "name". Some countries seem to
apply a different name for the county and the city relation. Two
examples:
- "Orange county" (vs "Orange") in US :
- "Canton Capellen" (vs "Capellen") in Luxemburg :
Personnally, I'm in favour to apply the same policy in France where
others said that the tag "admin_level" is providing the information.

Pieren

Pieren