[Tagging] Substation proposal approved - and a suggestion for a post-vote change

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 17 22:17:12 UTC 2013

I have now introduced a specific attribute for small substations:
substation=minor_distribution. It is exclusively to be used on the 'last
level' of transformation to low voltage line voltage (400 volt in
Europe). This should address the desire to have an unambiguous way of
tagging small kiosk-type etc substations. At the same time the
recommendation to map such small substations as power=transformer has
been removed from the feature page (except for pole-mounted transformers).

See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dsubstation#Substation_values

Ole