[Tagging] Bitcoin and Online shops

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 13:59:40 UTC 2013

2013/11/26 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> The probably don't care where the pin is as long as it somehow
> increases their search engine ranking ;)

I found a few of those. A travel agency adds a node to the destination, not
where their office is.

2013/11/27 SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk>

> Ignoring the online businesses, there are plenty of real-world businesses
> that have been added without real tags, and iD doesn't exactly make it
> obvious that it's useful for a shop to have a "shop" tag. The main
> discussion area seems to be here:
>
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=5cbm6g9p0nsgu1ui19v8hmrf41&topic=175900.0;all

I agree, I try to fix those that I find. It's hard to make a tool that a
user on his first and last try will get. We have to try though.

2013/11/27 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> "online" is very generic, my preference would be something slightly more
> specific like "office=e-commerce" or "office=internet_service_provider",
> etc (still leaving a lot of room for subtags).

I was hoping for a general tag that would indicate that something is more
online than offline. But I guess that kind of generalization is not really
needed and is hardly accurate.

office=e-commerce sounds good. I'll start putting those on the nodes and
see where it get us.

Janko Mihelić