[Tagging] preproposal : internet webcam

nounours kuessemondtaeglich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 21:42:57 UTC 2013

Hi Egil,

>  So I feel man_made=surveillance is wrong. Also I suspect most surveillance cameras are not public on internet.
>
> I think amenity=webcam is a good tag. Applies to node.

amenity is definitvely a bad choice. First, we should be careful to tag everything with "amenity". Second, an amenity is something you can use/consume when you're on the road, e.g. a bar to drink something or a wastebasket to get rid of something.

Even if I agree that it's not man_made=surveillance, it's shares some common features with it. (Besides, man_made is maybe not an ideal tag for surveillance as well, if you look at the other values, it's more some clearly visible features that are put into nature.

Maybe directly

camera=surveillance
camera=webcam
camera=traffic_cam