[Tagging] preproposal : internet webcam

Georg Feddern osm at bavarianmallet.de
Fri Nov 29 13:24:48 UTC 2013

Am 29.11.2013 13:03, schrieb Egil Hjelmeland:
> On 29. nov. 2013 10:32, Jonathan wrote:
>> I would agree, I think that covers it.
>>
>> A webcam is surveillance, it's a camera that is watching you making
>> it available to anyone.  Some would say that is a greater
>> infringement than an official camera that is regulated.
>>
>> Maybe the wiki page needs re-wording to reflect that it doesn't
>> matter who is watching just that if they're watching with a camera
>> then it's surveillance.
>>

> I think we live in different universes. This is the kind of stuff I am
> interested in:
> http://webcam.svorka.net/bollen/
>
> http://webcam.sollia.net/image.jpg

not living, just thinking:
You can surveil the wheather condition, snow condition, forest fire
there. ;-)

Well, I think I understand what you mean - I would have prefered a
generic man_made=camera instead of =surveillance.
I normally can not decide which view angle, zoom or purpose it has.
Only: There is someone watching - but what and why?

Best regards
Georg