[Tagging] preproposal : internet webcam

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Nov 29 17:27:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Yves <yvecai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, for me 'surveillance' conotes a security related camera.
> I fear that if the actual definition is extended to the so called webcam,
> this connotation will prevent the use of it to webcams.
> A simple scheme like webcam=weather/yes/..., url= would be so simple !

One problem with the term, webcam, is that it implies internet connected.
There are a number of CCTV cameras located in businesses, apartments,
condo's, and public buildings. Using the term surveillance, while sounding
ominous, might be a better tag. But adding in surveillance=webcam,weather,
etc. with the url.

The wiki for man_made=surveillance should be updated remove editorial
content.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch