[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 14:23:12 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM, bredy <bredyfox at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Or change this proposal or cancel the proposal
> wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails because they
> have same meaning.

I think the two proposals can be easily merged. Anyone concerned is
free to edit the wiki.

> The meaning of first grade of scale actualy is for equiped path and not for
> via ferrata.

A "via ferrata" route can be split in different segments and scales
and some can be scale=0. And again, the definition is external of the
OSM project. I don't see why we should reject some of the values. It
has to be discussed with the original authors but not in OSM.

Pieren