[Tagging] Which map supports complete bridge rendering

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 01:30:22 UTC 2013

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I can see I'm living in a very limited
world in terms of OSM interpretations. Although I'm a huge fan of
Lambertus, one of my gripes about his site is that I cannot see my edits
for a couple of weeks. If I'm mapping in a particular area, I often want to
revisit it to check details I missed, details his current download doesn't
yet contain. I'll check out the mkmap info.

Thanks again...

Dave

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM, SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk>wrote:

>  fly wrote:
>
>  Can one of you suggest a site where I can see details like those you
> mention?
>
>  As this list is about tagging you might want to ask your question also
> at talk at osm and/or local mailing lists for the areas.
>
> Sorry, I do not know one but maybe someone else.
>

> It might be worth asking on the help site https://help.openstreetmap.org/.  Lots of people have created lots of different maps (often for their own
> personal use) to display lots of different things.  I'd be hard-pushed to
> suggest anything that doesn't get rendered somewhere.
>
> (as has already been mentioned) if you're already using Lambertus' maps
> than I'd be tempted to start creating your own using mkgmap<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap>.
> It would allow you to change what gets displayed a little at a time, so
> that at no stage do you end up with a blank screen thinking "I wonder why
> that didn't work".  There's lots of info on the help set - search for
> "mkgmap" or "garmin".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

Dave Swarthout