[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting 2 - (automated_external_defibrillator)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:05:58 UTC 2013

2013/10/2 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> The first vote showed that "aed" has not been well prepared before its
> vote. That's why I would to start a new one with more than 2 options.
> This kind of vote is not usual - normally, the question is more
> "accept or reject". But I think we can give a try. It's here:
>

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/automated_external_defibrillator

Thanks for refining this votation Pieren. Actually I think that "AED"
(capital letters) should not even be proposed as we don't use
capitalization in formal keys/values if not for country codes (to
differentiate between countries and languages) and in imports by newbies
(SCNR).

IMHO the "automated" part is quite important in the classification, these
automatic defibrillators are quite different from the "regular" ones which
must only be operated by authorized/qualified personell and which would
kill a person if operated the wrong way. On the other hand these regular
ones are not out there in the streets but can be found only in ambulances
and hospitals.

cheers,
Martin