[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:20:29 UTC 2013

I have started using bicycle dismount mainly on nodes like pedestrian
crossings  (where by law you have to dismount) and bicycle barriers (to
indicate that the obstacle forces you to dismount, unless you are an
acrobat).
Occasionally I have used it on ways where bicyckles need to be pushed, like
very narrow footpaths along busy highways (typically between guard rails)
or on narrow foot bridges, to indicate that it is extremely dangerous to
ride a cycle there. But I admit that this is in a certain way mapping for
the router.