[Tagging] Consolidating tags for building attributes

Vivien Deparday vivien.deparday at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 20:39:20 UTC 2013

Thank you Tobias (sorry for the late answer), that is very useful feedback
and pretty much exactly in line with our thinking on all the cases which is
great. For B, we are actually also using plaster as one of the values as
the values are recorded by looking at the building 'from the streets'.
For C, I think we will use both building:use (for general usage categories)
and building= with specific values in the cases similar to what you
mentioned.
The Kathmandu Living Labs Team has added a description of all the tags and
values in the preset including for shape:elevation that you were asking
about:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal/kathmandulivinglabs/exposuresurveyIt
is a simple way of recording the vertical shape if you cannot record
all
the details of each building.

Best,

Vivien