[Tagging] Substation proposal approved - and a suggestion for a post-vote change

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 11:08:12 UTC 2013

2013/10/12 Ole Nielsen / osm <on-osm at xs4all.nl>

> I propose to change the meaning of "substation=distribution" to be used
> only on substations at the last level of voltage transforming, thus the
> small street-level transformer kiosks etc supplied with medium voltage
> (typically 10-30 kV) and delivering low voltage power to households and
> small businesses.

IMHO the IEC are right with defining everything below 100kV as
distribution, I wouldn't use this given term with a different meaning.
Maybe you could add another term like local_distribution for the last level
(Trafohäuschen), if you don't have confidence in the mappers tagging
voltage levels. According to wikipedia:de there seem to be 4 agreed levels
of power transport and distribution in Germany:

* 220kV/400kV (national transport, also DC)
* 110kV (regional transport)
* 30-60kV (regional distribution)
* 6-20kV (local distribution)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umspannwerk