[Tagging] Opening hours of "inherit" (for aed mapping)?

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Oct 15 05:09:24 UTC 2013

When tagging an AED (automated external defibrillator) there are two very
common
values for "opening_hours": 27/7 and "the same as the building it is in".
This is relevant if you're outside the building, and the nearest aed is
inside.

While I could map the opening_hours to be the same as the mall shop or
facility it is in,
this seems very fragile.

So the question: how far could we get with opening_hours=inherit, where
display software
would be expected to find the next largest enclosed area, and grab the
opening hours?

                 -Bryce

See also http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9185
and