[Tagging] Waterway river vs stream

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 18:50:07 UTC 2013

Ah, but in England we have some Streams that are bigger than Rivers.

Stream is sometimes used when a river divides into a number of channels,
and some Rivers retain that name even in their upper reaches when they are
pretty small (and easily jumpable). So you can't always rely on the name.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com