[Tagging] tourism=guest_house or tourism=bed_and_breakfast ?

Frank Little frankosm at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 19 20:14:43 UTC 2013

Presence or absence of a kitchen for the traveller does not define for me
whether it is a guest house or not.
I've stayed in places in Egypt and Pakistan which our company certainly called
'the guest house' which had kitchens.
They did not have live-in owners or staff (but did have people to prepare
lunch; we used it in the evening).
I've stayed in guest houses which were like a bed & breakfast place with a
live in owner.
And even ones which were more like small hotels.

I use hotels, apartments and an occassional B&B a lot and in many different
countries.
The name people use for their accommodation is inconsistent at best.
I think the best way to tackle this is to use sub-keys to define the
facilities on offer.