[Tagging] Dress Code proposal

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Wed Oct 23 09:00:23 UTC 2013

On 23 October 2013 at 09:56:21, Pieren (pieren3 at gmail.com) wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Dress_code
>
>Lol : "For nude-only spaces, dress:nude=required. "
>Why not simply "dress=no" ? ^^

dress=no might be suitable. And dress=optional for clothing-optional venues.

And, yes, I wasn't intending to tag events. I documented the fact that some bars/venues
have some events that are dress-coded and others that aren't. That use case is best covered
by pointing to a webpage on their site where they can go on at length about it.

access:dress would be fine, although access:dress:description:[language tag] is a bit lengthy.

And over-namespacing properties is likely to reduce people's recall. I frequently have to look
up namespaced properties on the wiki to remember them in a way I don't for top-level properties.

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/