[Tagging] Dress Code proposal

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:06:16 UTC 2013

Interesting idea, i think.
It could be applied to permanent POI, such a restaurant or so.

It could be a bit classified like "grade" tag of highway=track?

dress_code = formal : full suits, tie, traditional-wear
dress_code = "something between here": I don't have enough word to
distinguish that...
dress_code = casual : jeans, denims, T-shirts. default.
dress_code = nudist : only full nude is permissive :P

> I think a better approach is to have a tag that links to the venue's web
site, which we already have tags defined for.
+1

2013/10/24 John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>

> Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 10/23/2013 09:50 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
>>
>>> I have just put up a draft proposal for tagging venues with dress code.
>>

>> Are you sure that this isn't taking things a bit too far for a
>> geographic database? Dresscodes will often apply to events, not
>> locations; events can move between locations. It doesn't seem to make a
>> lot of sense to me!
>>
>> Bye
>> Frederik
>>

> I think a better approach is to have a tag that links to the venue's web
> site, which we already have tags defined for.
>
> --
> John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
> "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
> Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
> Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Satoshi IIDA
mail: nyampire at gmail.com
twitter: @nyampire