[Tagging] Dress Code proposal

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Oct 24 13:00:14 UTC 2013

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/10/23 John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>
>
> > I think a better approach is to have a tag that links to the venue's
> web
> > site, which we already have tags defined for.
> >

> I think links are great, but its really not the same thing than having
> tag that tells you a defined property. From a website you'd hardly be
> able
> to deduct this information automatically (like find me a venue
> (explicitly)
> without dresscode).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

I guess the suitability to tagging it in OSM depends on whether the dress code is constant or time-dependent, both of which could be tagged, versus event-dependent, which we don't have a good way to tag.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.