[Tagging] Remote controlled devices

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Oct 27 21:31:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/10/27 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> there are also objects that can be influenced remotely, like busses that
> can put certain traffic_lights to green

Actually I'm not sure we can talk about remote control in this situation.
Because buses won't directly turn traffic lights green. A third part
(computer, industrial processing unit...) will know the bus is coming and
adapt lights following a few rules.

> I'd suggest something more specific like remote-controlled=yes/no/*
>
> not sure for the second case, maybe remotely_controllable? values could be
> radio,wire,... or maybe proximity-controll=yes would be better in case of
> the bus or also for traffic junctions where policemen can set the lights?

I will agree to remotly_controllable=wires,radio,...yes,no refering to
operator=*

and

proximity_control=buses,emergency,LAPD... which won't be the same as
operator.

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com