[Tagging] owner vs operator

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:31:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM, François Lacombe
<francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> Operator could be given by operator=* and the effective owner by a "new"
> owner=* tag.

What about when a business is owned by one entity, but operated on
their behalf by another, in a building that they lease from yet
another one --- does "owner=" refer to the business, or the building?

If people feel a need to tag things like this, I have no objection,
but I do think it's getting to the edge of what really belongs on the
OSM database.

__John