[Tagging] How to map an household goods store?

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 07:51:13 UTC 2013

2013/9/16 Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk>

> On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 05:47 +0200, Stefano Fraccaro wrote:
> > I have some shops that sell only household goods like dishes, pots,
> > coffee makers, blenders, oven thermometers, ...
> > IMHO "shop=supermarket" and "shop=general" are non appropriate. Which
> > is the correct tag?
> >
> I would have thought that would be shop=cookware. But only used 9 times
> on the planet.

It's not only about cooking, there may be (here in Italy, at least)
decorations, some furniture like tables and chairs, lamps, so it's more of
a shop that sells houseware with a possible focus on kitchenware.

I think I'd be equally good with household and houseware as a value - even
though houseware seems to be more fitting, but this may be due to a
misconception that I have because I'm not a native English speaker.

Ciao,

Simone