[Tagging] [OSM-talk-be] mailing list good practice (user's and software's)

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Sep 17 11:54:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 01:02:23AM +0200, André Pirard wrote:
> > list) does not seem to add those headers (in fact, they seem to be
> > removed from outgoing mails, I cannot find those fields like below).
> You're right, my main gripe is against the mailing list software mailman
> itself because it does not allow HTML. It does archive a HTML version of
> the archive but when you look at it on the server you see HTML code.
> By "allow HTML", I mean "simple HTML": text style, lists, tables etc,
> not eccentric showy stuff.
> I've sent an e-mail to mailman about this and they replied
>
>   * that we, technical people, do not need HTML because we don't use it
>     much.

e-mails are plain ASCII and schould stay that way. Every
HTML mail is an attachment and i for one cant read it,
and wont read it as i am using mutt and HTML is a PITA.

There is a good reason why high volume mailing lists like
e.h. the linux kernel mailinglists simply bounce HTML.

Its an unmanagable mess ...

Flo