[Tagging] Proposal for new tag: landuse=plot

Wolfgang Zenker wolfgang at lyxys.ka.sub.org
Tue Sep 17 23:08:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

* Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> [130918 00:53]:
> 1. We do not map land lots in OSM, for reasons that have been
> discussed many times.

this might be a case of the UK and the US being separated by a common
language. We are talking about allotments here, not parcels, which are
something completely different. We DO map allotments in OSM since, well,
a long time ago. Taking this to one more level of detail by going to
individual plots is to much micromapping for my taste, but tastes are
different ...

> 2. Even if we did, land lots do not talk about land use, which is what
> landuse is for.

Allotments are by definition cultivated gardens, so landuse=allotments
is IMHO in the right place in tag space. The proposed plots would be a
subdivision of the allotments area, so putting it in landuse MIGHT be ok.

Wolfgang