[Tagging] How to overcome lack of consensus

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Sep 19 10:43:21 UTC 2013

Am 19.09.2013 12:24, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> On 19/set/2013, at 12:10, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We have to have a place where a data consumer sees that amenity=fastfood is a specific kind of a amenity=restaurant.
>

> is it?
If we want to follow the operators of big fast food brands, then yes, as
they call their shops restaurant themselfes.

If we use the OSM nomenclature, it's not - as it's either
amenity=restaurant or amenity=fast_food, but not both (except if someone
would use multiple values in the tag).

regards
Peter