[Tagging] Proposal for new tag: landuse=plot

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Sep 21 11:46:22 UTC 2013

Jonathan Bennett <jonobennett at gmail.com> writes:

> A plot is the individual parcel of land within and allotment site that
> is let (rented, hired, or other synonym) to one tenant.

No argument with the reality, but note that in the US "parcel" means an
area of land that is delineated by a deed (at the registry of deeds) and
can be bought and sold.   I suspect that your entire allotments area is
one parcel and that the per-person areas are not "parcels" in the legal
sense.  In the US, that's definitely the case for the "community garden"
in my town.

I think the real objection was to landuse=.
We don't micromap within landuse.  For example, we don't have

landuse=retail:parking:grass_between_aisles

but just landuse=retail for the entire area - probably in most cases a
PARCEL on which the facility is located.