[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=musical_instrument

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Sat Sep 21 16:00:54 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As I mentioned in the thread 'How to overcome lack of consensus', I would
like to make some effort to align confirmed tags, actual use of tags, and
wiki-documentation. This RFC is my first effort in doing so. It is intended
to be uncontroversial, but you never know...

For shops selling musical instruments, there are currently two tags in use:
shop=musical_instrument and shop=musical_instruments. The singular (1327)
is used nearly 10 times as much as the plural (126). I suggest to confirm
the current situation by formally accepting the tag that is most often used
in practice (the singular form).

Please have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/musical_instruments ,
and leave any comments you might have on the Talk page.
With kind regards,
Matthijs Melissen