[Tagging] mapping qanats

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Fri Sep 27 10:18:34 UTC 2013

According to Wikipedia, qanat's are known under different names in other
parts of the world (kethara, galerias, foggara, ...). Wouldn't it be
possible to use a more generic name?

Also, wouldn't we be able to use waterway=canal, tunnel=yes (or whatever
tag we use for underground waterways)? Possibly combined with qanat=yes?
That would increase the chance of them being rendered on general-purpose
maps.

-- Matthijs