[Tagging] mapping qanats

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:27:00 UTC 2013

man_made=pipeline, pipeline=qanat?  This is similar to how the aqueduct
page proposes to tag modern aqueducts, but qanats seem a distinct type of
structure from aqueducts due to the vertical wells.  (And I agree with
John's point that it is not really like a pipeline, but I'd argue that OSM
often uses terms in a non-literal way to group related features)

Brad