[Tagging] Visual editor for the wiki (WAS: How to overcome lack of consensus)

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 01:05:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-29 00:50, Clifford Snow wrote :

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM, André Pirard
> <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Only gotcha, I think: recent Ubuntu comes with a desktop called
>     Unity which is very resource consuming, dancing but not singing,
>     and is really crawling on VB. There are solutions to tame Unity
>     <https://www.google.be/#&q=ubuntu+unity+virtualbox+performance>,
>     but you may prefer to install a more classic desktop like gnome
>     session fallback
>     <http://complete-concrete-concise.com/ubuntu-2/ubuntu-12-04/ubuntu-12-04-how-to-install-the-gnome-session-fallback>
>     or, even closer to classic Ubuntu and better IMHO, MATE
>     <http://mate-desktop.org/>, and choose it as your desktop before
>     login.
>

> Try XFCE for a lightweight windows manager. I've been using it since
> gnome3 appeared.
Yes, I know XFCE, Clifford, it runs a few apps in 384 MB.
Both Gnome3 and MATE run fine on any decent machine (MATE is a mix of
Gnome2 + criticized Gnome3).
The only problem is starting Ubuntu the first time with crawling sole
Unity under VirtualBox.
Once you've managed to install one of these and use it, you're off.

André.