[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Wikidata

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:46:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>wrote:

> I commend this proposal to the list:
>
>    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Wikidata

I support wikidata=* itself.

I'm not so sure about operator:wikidata=* (or wikidata:operator=* as
suggested on the wiki talk page) and the other similar tags like that. I
think this should be discussed more since the current set of proposed
supplementary tags seem like an arbitrary set. Why these (operator, brand,
artist, etc.) and not others? If we can conceivably tag other properties
with Wikidata entities, we should have a more generalized scheme for adding
such tags.