[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed Apr 2 17:44:40 UTC 2014

On 02.04.2014 18:14, Richard Z. wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 05:59:40PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> IMHO there is a fundamental problem to your proposal because you want to
>> connect 2 ways with a node which are in reality disjunct
>
> objects connected with pylons and lifts are also disjunct. So what?

Don't dismiss that argument so casually. The current rule is that the
way below the bridge should not share a node with the bridge itself.

I could imagine adding an exception to that rule if it were hard to
avoid a shared node. But in this case, it can very easily be avoided by
mapping the bridge in the same manner two million other bridges have
already been added: as a way.