[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:07:42 UTC 2014

> FWIW, it is not true, we  would "save" 1 way or 2, but the amount of nodes
> would remain the same, because with the new proposal the waterway would get
> an extra node which it hasn't otherwise. The 1 way saved is on the other
> hand loss of information as pointed out before.

I went super-geeky, and made a quick estimation of xml size:

http://pastebin.com/ZDXPv8fK

I don't know if the database sizes are proportional to xml, but there's 674
letters in the brunnell version, and 1306 letters in the bridge version of
the xml. So more than double :) Waterway only refers the same node.

Janko