[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:18:40 UTC 2014

ATM on the german mailing list noexit=yes is discussed.

On user pointed out that on the english wiki page it is defined for
nodes and ways where as on the german one it is only valid for nodes.

I had a look at the history of the page and found some actions 3 years
ago. First it was only defined for nodes then only for ways and later
for both.

I did not find much talk about it on this list that is why I ask my
question:

Is noexit=yes useful on ways ?
How do you use it ?
Should we only define it for nodes and get warnings about wrong usage
from quality insurance tools ?

So far I only use it on nodes where no other way is connected. It is
useful to make sure that at this point is no through way or missing data
and that you need not to try and check out again.

Thanks for your opinions

fly