[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:53:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:52:13PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> > Am 03/apr/2014 um 21:43 schrieb Richard Z <ricoz.osm at gmail.com>:
> >
> > so again: *** <<a small creek in a forest valley int the mountains >> ***
> >
> > Where is your aerial imagery? I want that!!!!!!
>

> you don't need imagery, you simply draw a segment with the approx. length of the bridge. If you have no reliable sources, putting a node won't make this more accurate neither. That's not an argument for softening the topology rules.

at least a node won't pretend pecision which is not there. We have dams, fords, weirs
as either node or way. It is normal to map them as a single node for smaller structures
and as way when they are worth it.
Why not bridges?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Topology_rules&action=edit&redlink=1

I think that page is waiting to be written.

Richard