[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 01:48:39 UTC 2014

On 06.04.2014 03:13, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> Well, at least on my part, the confusion was because I was thinking in terms of the no exit sign, which is always posted at the entrance to a cul-de-sac, not at the end of it.

Do we need a link to traffic_sign=* ?

noexit=yes has nothing in common with the traffic_sign as:

1. it only is about motorized traffic where noexit=yes is about every
travel mode.
2. it is used at the beginning of a cul-de-sac and an information for
driver of motorized vehicles where noexit=yes is always tagged on the
end node of a way without any connection and is a hint for mappers and
QA tools.

Please, do not mix it up.

Cheers fly