[Tagging] Feature Proposal - No votes for proposals opening_hours_holiday_select and opening_hours_open_until

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:19:45 UTC 2014

> I created two proposals for which the time to vote is over but there are no
> votes :(. Should we open the voting once again or what is the usual
> procedure in
> such a case? The proposals are:

of course you can  reput this to voting, but if there wasn't interest the
first time it might continue to be like this also the second time. Did you
advertize your proposals on "tagging", local ML etc.? It might also be that
there wasn't enough "marketing" for your proposals to draw the attention of
potential voters.

In detail I have looked at your proposals now, and like to comment:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/opening_hours_holiday_select

IMHO it would be useful to have a list (also the beginning of a list) of
possible values to make this more useful for documentation purposes.
Usually spaces are substituted by underscores in formal values and no
capitalization occurs. Maybe it could also be made more explicit that this
is an _only_ condition (not sure if makes sense).

the other one:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/opening_hours_open_until
seems not to specifiy how this missing information (opening time) should be
interpreted / is defined.

What does it mean if there is a social club or say a disco with
opening_hours=-17:00
will it be open at 5 in the morning? At noon?

Or in your example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/370126261/history
-20:00
can I have breakfast there? Or eat at 11:30? Or at 16:00?

IMHO almost useless to put this onto some object. Better ask them when they
usually open and add this. If there i

cheers,
Martin