[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

Florian Schäfer florian at schaeferban.de
Wed Apr 9 14:55:55 UTC 2014

Am 09.04.2014 16:04, schrieb Pieren:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Florian Schäfer <florian at schaeferban.de> wrote:
>
>> An example where the tagging of noexit on ways is not sufficient is a
>> T-shaped deadend, where the crossbar is one OSM-way. At one end pedestrians
>> can pass, at the other end not.
> Again, the noexit is only important when the last node is nearby
> another highway, not when the last node is already connected to
> another highway...
>
> Pieren
I think you have misunderstood my statement.
The example was about noexit on ways vs. on nodes (response to Ronnie
Soak's example with the barrier in the middle). It was not on the
situations where the tag. Regarding the latter point, I think we share
the same opinion, as far as I've read.
What I wanted to express: Nodes are better than ways, because nodes are
more precise. You could mark the one end with noexit (where noone can
pass) and leave the other end as it is. With ways you would have to
split the crossbar, to achieve an unambiguous result.

Regards,
Florian