[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:01:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM, John Packer <john.packer7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also added the following phrase to the "Usage" section:
>>
>> In the past this tag was used on ways very often, but because tagging on
>> ways has several disadvantages, you should rather tag noexit=yes on nodes.

I cannot agree. What is the disavandtage on the way when the tag is
only used by QA tools and only when the highway is ending nearby
another highway ?

Even when both highway ends are nearby another highway, the tag is
clear. And if one of the ends is connected to another highway, then
the tag is also clear (since we only look at ways ending nearby anothe
highway). What is unclear here ?

Pieren