[Tagging] direction=forward/backward on nodes ?

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:39:11 UTC 2014

I have never used this key before because of the drawback you mentioned:
"There is no editor supporting this tag when reverting a way direction",
but as far as I know, *direction=forward/backward* is used with
*highway=stop* and *highway=give_way* and maybe some other signs.

There are keys similar to *direction=forward/backward*; they
aretraffic_sign:forward/backward=<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Traffic_sign#As_part_of_a_way>
yes <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Traffic_sign#As_part_of_a_way> and
traffic_signals:direction=forward/backward<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:traffic_signals:direction>