[Tagging] direction=forward/backward on nodes ?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:45:59 UTC 2014

Am 13.04.2014 16:25, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

>> Am 12/apr/2014 um 19:43 schrieb "John F. Eldredge" <john at jfeldredge.com>:
>>
>> Since a node is a point, and has no dimensions, a direction tag is meaningless.
>

> +1

Martin, throught you wrote something different about benches last week
on talk at osm

If we proper define the direction, there is not problem with direction=*
on nodes. E.g. directions for benches are taken from a sitting position
and in general the wiki talks about "facing the direction" which in my
understanding would be the opposite direction of your looking/driving
direction.

cu fly