[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - drinking_water

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:15:54 UTC 2014

> We can transfer "drinkable=" to "drinking_water=". The future tagging-
> scheme will have only one tag to indicate the existence and quality of
> drinking water.
>
> In the future the tag "drinkable=" can be deprecated.

sorry, if I come up a little late with this, and maybe it was already
mentioned by someone, actually, "drinking_water" and "drinkable" are not
exactly the same. If something is "drinking_water" I'd expect it to be
monitored and "certified" to be OK to drink (at least in Europe), while
water that is "drinkable" does more sound like "I (or someone else who has
told me) have drunk this and didn't get ill".

This doesn't invalid the "drinking_water=*" proposal of course, it just
might be a reason not to deprecate "drinkable", and it might also be a
reason not to perform automatic retagging.

cheers,
Martin