[Tagging] small change to turn restriction relation tagging

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Apr 23 00:19:28 UTC 2014

On 4/22/14 8:03 PM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On 22.04.2014 23:46, Richard Welty wrote:
>> i would like to add emergency (for emergency vehicles) to the list of
>> vehicle types for the except tag.
>>
>> I don't think this would cause any problems, so I don't have any objections.
>>
>> However, I think it would be better in the long term to use the
>> "Conditional restrictions" syntax for turn restrictions, too.

i see the value in the conditional restrictions, but since the actual
use case i have in mind (no u-turns where emergency vehicles are
explicitly authorized to ignore the restriction) is an exception,
using except seems like the correct way to model the situation.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search