[Tagging] Research laboratory

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at mac.com
Tue Aug 5 10:06:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

First sorry for my poor english, i was french (no one is perfect).

I was looking to tag "Research Laboratory" (either private/commercial
and public), part or not part of a univercity. This Research laboratory
are big one with industrial facility (like plant) for biological,
geological or nuclear research.

I do not find satisfaying tags for that (but perhaps i do not search the
right way).

OSM wiki do not have info about that (except a 2008 proposal [1])

Taginfo show me :

amenity=laboratory (66)
building=laboratory (10)
office=laboratory , but it was pure R&D (not industrial ones)
health_facility:type=laboratory (138) : but only for medical research
research_institution=yes (2008 proposal)
laboratory=*

For big/industrial research lab i would use
        "industrial=laboratory" + "laboratory=nuclear"
        inside a "landuse=industrial"
For small ones (not industrial) :
        "building=laboratory" + "laboratory=nuclear"

What about this ?
--
Pierre-Alain Dorange
OSM experiences : <http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/>