[Tagging] bridge movable vs swing vs swinging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:35:01 UTC 2014

> An aqueduct is definitely a type of bridge, i.e. one carrying a
> waterway, usually a canal over a road, river or valley.
>
> The most famous, and scariest of them all
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontcysyllte_Aqueduct

yes, aqueducts will usually also have bridges as parts of them (not all,
some even run underground for instance). Still this is a completely
different kind of typology than other values in the bridge key. E.g. the
bridge you refer to could also be categorized as trough bridge. "aqueduct"
and "viaduct" are classifications that refer to the way that runs on the
bridge, "trough bridge" or "truss bridge" or "arch bridge" refer to the
kind of structural system. There are of course also lots and lots of
subtypes (and mixed types).

That's why I propose to use several tags to (potentially) describe
different aspects like structure, material, etc.

cheers,
Martin